Sunday, October 19, 2014

METAL \m/

From working at a pet store, and wanting to be a business man, it's funny that I find myself in a metal band. I play guitar for my progressive metal band I founded a couple years ago. Even though I've grown up my whole life listening to rock and metal, I have never fit the image. I wear normal clothes, have normal hair, no piercings or tattoos. Yeah when we played a few gigs, I know people were "like what's this guy doing up there?" I enjoy being me, and sure do enjoy playing the music I write and love, despite lacking the image for the genre. My point in this is I know when my band is to get a descent demo out, we know what our target market will be to get our name out there. People with crazy looking clothes, colorful and weird hair cuts, and LOTS of piercings and tattoos. We have to get our name out there more somehow, and scoping out the people with the right image is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment